I'm proud to say we've added several new functionality with the forum. Details inside

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
As we progress on our goal to reach as many coders as possible, we've released some more functionality in the forums.

First I'd like to start with the chat navigation link up top. This is for logged in users and new members to chat and get to know eachother better.

Next we've added the ability to bookmark threads and posts. Simply click the ribbon on the top right of a post or thread to bookmark it. You can see your collection by clicking bookmarks in the upper right hand corner of your screen. You can also see others collections on their profile page.

Another addition to the site is Question and Answers. When you create a thread you have the ability to mark it as a question. When you do this is will give users the ability to mark a post as "best answer" by upvoting or downvoting the answer. There will be a little upvote/downvote area in the post bit when a thread is marked as a question just like stack overflow.

Posts that are marked as solved will automatically be given a prefix of solved and posts marked as question will automatically be given a prefix as question.

There is also a count for best answers in the post bit. This allows for users to get credited for how many best answers they give.

I hope you are excited to get things going. Users feel free to sign up and hop on the chat. That's what the sites here for to meet new members and get a coder frenzy going.

Anyways, welcome to Cause Coders 2.1 : P

Last edited:

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
Those are some great additions to the forum. You guys are doing a great job around here. Keep up the good work. :)
Hey I appreciate the thought Soulwatcher. I hope other people like it too!

But just an update guys. I decided to get rid of the reactions for now. I don't like the thought of being able to dislike someones post. I'd rather keep it like this for now. We may enable it at some point in the future. Or better yet I will probably add a reputation bar for likes only at some point. I'm starting to get into creating add ons now and I think that would be fitting if I can manage it or edit a template. We'll look into all that in the future.

Last edited:

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
Always great to see that a page is constantly getting better and better keep it up guys :)
Thank you Marcus. I plan to do a lot more soon such as reputation bars for likes and best answers. We will also have some type of award/medal add-on at some point too.

Last edited:

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
Making the site look better man :p
We may encoporate "positive" only reactions once they roll an update for notable members functionality. Apparently the creator of the add-on plans on encorporating the reactions into notable members and has made me aware that you can have a single reaction type such as postive. In which case we'll use the count system for positive only and enable them. I haven't decided though this is a possibility.

Kalon101

Best answers
As we progress on our goal to reach as many coders as possible, we've released some more functionality in the forums.

First I'd like to start with the chat navigation link up top. This is for logged in users and new members to chat and get to know eachother better.

Next we've added the ability to bookmark threads and posts. Simply click the ribbon on the top right of a post or thread to bookmark it. You can see your collection by clicking bookmarks in the upper right hand corner of your screen. You can also see others collections on their profile page.

Another addition to the site is Question and Answers. When you create a thread you have the ability to mark it as a question. When you do this is will give users the ability to mark a post as "best answer" by upvoting or downvoting the answer. There will be a little upvote/downvote area in the post bit when a thread is marked as a question just like stack overflow.

Posts that are marked as solved will automatically be given a prefix of solved and posts marked as question will automatically be given a prefix as question.

There is also a count for best answers in the post bit. This allows for users to get credited for how many best answers they give.

I hope you are excited to get things going. Users feel free to sign up and hop on the chat. That's what the sites here for to meet new members and get a coder frenzy going.

Anyways, welcome to Cause Coders 2.1 : P
Awesome man

Best answers
I just wanted to say that the chat is a little confusing, because whenever someone makes a new post the chatbot makes a reply in chat and it makes you think that someone made a post.

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
I just wanted to say that the chat is a little confusing, because whenever someone makes a new post the chatbot makes a reply in chat and it makes you think that someone made a post.
Yeah but the feature is a good one in my opinion for showing who posted until we get a lot of posts. Then I will disable it. But it shows the chat bot was the one who made the chat line so it's not a big deal in my opinion.