I think the hardest part about being an admin/owner is waiting for posts on a new forum!

Best answers
I think the hardest part of being an admin/owner is waiting for posts on a new forum. I think I would rather watch paint dry LOL. I had a busy forum in the past and it was overwhelming. So I would prefer 15~20 news posts a day vs 100's. What about you, what do you think is the hardest part of being an admin/owner?

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
In my opinion, teamwork is how you run a real community. And it pays off when members actually contribute. The hardest part I would say for me would be maintaining it and keeping it fresh and clean. Having to do all the custom edits I do. And having to continuously provide improvements.

Best answers
In my opinion, teamwork is how you run a real community. And it pays off when members actually contribute. The hardest part I would say for me would be maintaining it and keeping it fresh and clean. Having to do all the custom edits I do. And having to continuously provide improvements.
I agree teamwork will build a community. but first, you have to get visitors to come to your website and sign up. And that is the hardest part of owning a forum.

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
I agree teamwork will build a community. but first, you have to get visitors to come to your website and sign up. And that is the hardest part of owning a forum.
I've heard many people say this before, the truth is "content is king". The more content you have the more google gives you lee way. You can actually run a general discussion board however and get loads of traffic. It just all depends on what type of site you run. We had over 7,000 hits yesterday. It's definitely a start.

Best answers
We've had like 5 or 6 randoms sign up so far. I imagine the turn out will be a lot better once we start getting more people posting.
That like my website I think I have had around 6 signups too and they make a few posts and never come back. Or maybe they are reading and don't feel like posting. I am not 100% sure.

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
That like my website I think I have had around 6 signups too and they make a few posts and never come back. Or maybe they are reading and don't feel like posting. I am not 100% sure.
Keep promoting it and it will do well. Would you like to go link for link? I can add you to partners for doing something similar for me. You never added a footer but if you could get that setup somehow I'd add you as a partner.

Best answers
Keep promoting it and it will do well. Would you like to go link for link? I can add you to partners for doing something similar for me. You never added a footer but if you could get that setup somehow I'd add you as a partner.
Ok, that sounds good, I know that I can set it up with HTML I just need to get the code from somewhere. :) I will try and get it set up tomorrow.

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
Ok, that sounds good, I know that I can set it up with HTML I just need to get the code from somewhere. :) I will try and get it set up tomorrow.
Okay just let me know. I look forward to promoting you. I'd be more than happy to.

Best answers
I fixed it :) I use to write HTML web pages in the 1990's so one I got the code it was a walk in the park. I tried to use a footer on the blog but its only 1 row and I cant divide it. So I can't make a footer on the blog. Unless I can find a plugin.

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
I fixed it :) I use to write HTML web pages in the 1990's so one I got the code it was a walk in the park. I tried to use a footer on the blog but its only 1 row and I cant divide it. So I can't make a footer on the blog. Unless I can find a plugin.
I'm not exactly sure how the footer works in your wordpress settings but if you did something like this it would probably work for 4 columns.

Code:
<div style="width:100%;padding:20px;min-height:400px;">

<div style="width:25%;float:left;padding:40px;height:100%;">
<h2>Title</h2>
<p>Text</p>
</div>

<h2>Title</h2>
<p>Text</p>
</div>

<h2>Title</h2>
<p>Text</p>
</div>

<div style="width:25%;float:right;padding:40px;height:100%;">
<h2>Title</h2>
<p>Text</p>
</div>

</div>
Let me know how that goes for you. I don't believe you would need a plugin at all. That's called inline CSS and can be used directly in HTML documents or in your case the template. Also I was born in 1990 so that's pretty cool. I'm 27 years old. I started designing websites in the year 2004 and was trying to make them with tables. During that time I was only 14 so you can imagine I didn't know what I was doing but I definitely enjoy it now that I'm a little older and a little wiser!

Last edited:

TopSilver

web developer
Administrator
Best answers
Adding a footer to a WordPress theme is a best explained in an older CodeTuts tutorial. This provides a dynamic place to put different widgets.

I don't recall @Soulwatcher 's site theme but there are many themes available for free with a dynamic footer already done.
Thanks for posting the tutorial. I'm sure there are better ways for him to implement the footer. Just thought I'd try to help if he wanted to experiment and was looking for a quick fix :D

I've never tried to implement any wordpress footers or used it before. Just was thinking raw CSS when I posted that.

Kalon101

Best answers
I think the hardest part of being an admin/owner is waiting for posts on a new forum. I think I would rather watch paint dry LOL. I had a busy forum in the past and it was overwhelming. So I would prefer 15~20 news posts a day vs 100's. What about you, what do you think is the hardest part of being an admin/owner?
I have a lot of time so I don’t find it really hard I jut love to see all the new people come in and I love adding new features they’ll like