Most Effective Social Media Platforms To Promote On

Chiha Aug 21, 2017

1. Chiha

Chiha New Member

What is the best social media platform to promote your business or product on? I think this is a very polarizing issue in the 21st century but one that deserves discussion. The time and resources of individuals and small businesses is limited so the ability to focus on a small group or even single platform(s) is invaluable. I would love to hear what you think down below. For me personally I think that Twitter is the best platform. It is easy to use and their is a huge user base. Also you have access to both businesses and individuals. Few platforms all for that. Since you can only type 140 characters it is impossible to spend to long creating a post. However, if a longer post is desired, then you can link back to an article on your main webpage. Every major business has a twitter page and I think that speaks to the effectiveness of this platform. Let me know what you think!
    I hope this acticle was helpful and/or thought provoking! Feel free to message me anytime on any of my social media platform... Like Twitter!

Chiha

2. TopSilver

TopSilver web designer Administrator

For me @Chiha it's Facebook. I like how you can run facebook ads for a small fraction of what it takes if you were to use a service like google adwords and also very effective in the same sense. I have not yet tried to post facebook ads but plan on doing so soon. You can also boost posts to reach a wider audience and I've also heard this is another effective method.

Now for famous people I believe Twitter is the best. It really depends how well known you are in my opinion to actually use twitter as a marketing strategy. Personally I haven't even looked at what advertising options they have but I can tell you it's a good way for famous people to get their name heard very easily and many have used it as a gateway to having their voice heard in the past.

Anyways I plan on running facebook ads soon. As far as if it's the best, I think it is.

3. creamtv

creamtv Moderator

Honestly on this, its not what platform you use, but how well you use it. If that makes any since. I think twitter and FB are the obvious go to's when it comes to social media marketing then you have instagram. As well as others who are less known; however, that doesn't mean something great isn't coming from one of these small little tech giants within in social media and social marketing alongside social networking. Just a matter of time before Facebook has some actual competition.

4. TopSilver

There's a new social media outlet I've been keeping an eye on. Yet to actually become something well known. It has 1 million+ users called Ello. Might want to scout it out. Supposed to be an ad-free social media experience as they claim. http://www.ello.co

Anyways not sure if it will be the next big thing but it's something worth looking at.

@Scheibe

5. Scheibe

Scheibe wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Super Moderator

In my opinion it's Facebook. While Twitter has a max of 140 characters, I believe the reply is either unlimited or the character count has been risen. If you were for whatever reason were to write a statement, you could write it on Facebook then post the link to Twitter or you could use a service called TwitLonger then post it to Facebook. Or you could link your Facebook to Twitter which will allow you to post to any Facebook page you manage; so that when you post on Twitter it will automatically post to Facebook(The same goes for Instagram and Tumblr).

However, you of course could advertise on both Twitter and Facebook.

So I say Facebook.

TopSilver likes this.
  6. TopSilver

@Scheibe today I invested $46 in a facebook ad. We'll see how it does. If it does good I plan to buy more in the future. It's supposed to reach up to 38,000 people during a 14 day period. Hopefully it was worth it.

Scheibe likes this.
  7. kayla arkwright

kayla arkwright Banned

for me @Chiha it would be either Facebook or Twitter

8. creamtv

creamtv Moderator

@Chiha it is wherever you expand yourself too and through. ;)