Hello from Western New York

Adnan Sep 28, 2017

1. Adnan

Adnan New Member

Hello Everyone

This is Adnan from WNY, right by Canada.

I've been programming quite a few years now. Have been working on an app for the past 7 - 8 months. It's close to being done, hope to get it done in the next 2 months.

creamtv and TopSilver like this.
  2. TopSilver

TopSilver web designer Administrator

Welcome to Cause Coders @Adnan, glad to have you aboard. We are brand new as you know and I hope to have a lot of users in the future. I plan to continue to invite more users, I'm just taking a short break from inviting as many as I was before, while letting Google get us indexed. The new domain has been active for a little over a month. Our traffic seems to be doing very well for starting out so I hope this will lift off soon. Anyways I definitely plan to invite more people though. I've seemed to have gained my fair share of discord contacts.

We've had a few users so far sign up that were randoms so it's definitely a good sign. I took your advice and made a hosting requests section. We'll see how that does. Anyways if you don't mind my asking what coding editor or IDE do you use the most? I have been a huge fan of Phpstorm/Webstorm for around 2 years as it's the best IDE for web development I have ever used. I recommend checking it out if you are new to JetBrains. You can find their site at jetbrains.com

I most recently started using Sublime Text Editor which in my opinion is perfect for projects I work on where I don't want to use a full fledged IDE.

Any info on the type of app your creating? I'd love to hear more about it. My passion is web development. I'm striving to currently learn php and javascript but I also want to learn C++. So far I've mastered html and css just about and starting to get into pre-processors like sass. By the way I also made a post just recently about Cloudflare now offering DDoS protection unmitigated free of charge. It's a new thing they just started on Monday. You may be interested in setting up your shared hosting accounts with cloudflare for this exact reason.

By the way, I will allow you to put your hosting website link in your signature if you want. I will allow you only to do this. Seeing as your my web host, I'd be glad to allow this. Anyways welcome to the site! Feel free to browse around and post some if you find the time. We should have a lot more people soon.

3. creamtv

creamtv Moderator

Welcome to CauseCoders Adnan! Glad to have you here! I hope your project with the app is a huge success you're working smart and that's the best way to work, so welcome to the team! If you need anything don't hesitate the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. ;)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  4. Adnan

Adnan New Member

Hi there TopSilver and Creamtv

I've been using Netbeans for PHP and C/C++ and Dreamweaver CS6 for Javascript/Jquery. I've used the IDE that Zend makes and that is also decent. The one from IntelliJ also appears to be nice, although I have never used it.

Sublime is very popular. Another one I use daily is Textpad. It's an awesome text editor which supports search files and directories. I also use it to do regular expression search and replaces quite often.

creamtv and TopSilver like this.
  5. TopSilver

TopSilver web designer Administrator

Glad to hear what you use. Those are all good IDEs from what I've heard. I haven't heard much about Textpad until you told me. I might check it out. Personally I'm buying sublime text later tonight. I've been trialing it recently and I like it a lot.

Anyways those are all good tools. Feel free to post around when you have time. Glad to have you aboard!

Also by the way. If you knew how good WebStorm/Phpstorm was for web development you'd probably switch. Though I don't use it ever because I've never needed live preview, they have a neat live preview chrome extension that works with the IDE and you can debug quite easily. Anyways I think sublime will be my main tool from now on because I don't really need all that stuff all the time. It's good to use sometimes but I feel like it's more organized to use a text editor at times as well.

6. Scheibe

Scheibe wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Super Moderator

Welcome to the site! What does the app do?

7. kayla arkwright

kayla arkwright Banned

welcome to the site @Adnan