Easy way to add meta keywords to your Xenforo Site

TopSilver Apr 6, 2017

1. TopSilver

TopSilver web designer Administrator

I had someone tip me off about this a while ago.

Every Xenforo installation has the website header in the template called page_container

If you go to page_container in your xenforo admincp you will see other meta tags in this area. Simply add your keyword meta tags to this area and your keywords will register with Google.

Example:

Code:
    <meta name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword2, keyword3, keyword4">

Some of you who have used forum softwares in the past may have noticed vBulletin 4 has an option to add keywords in the certain area of options. This is the same thing except your doing it directly from your template since Xenforo does not have a similar option. You can also add any other header tags such as other meta tags in the same area.

2. William

William New Member

As far as I am aware no search engine uses meta keywords anymore, especially Google.

I'm a little confused. Is it ok to post links in this forum to articles of relevance?

Enjoy,
    William

3. TopSilver

TopSilver web designer Administrator

Google doesn't use keywords for the ranking, however they do use it to better understand what your site is about and how to rank you.

It's okay to post relevant on-topic links. I made that announcement just to prevent spam.