Anyone Coded Their Own Forum Theme Before?

TopSilver Jul 21, 2017

1. TopSilver

TopSilver web designer Administrator

Was wondering if anyone has coded their own theme?

Or if you have made your own theme for your own forum. Just wondering. I code website templates and was wanting to try creating xenforo and vbulletin themes at some point. I'm used to editing small fixes here and there all the time but I never tried finishing a theme before.

Let us know.

2. Scheibe

Scheibe wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Super Moderator

Yeah, I have. More than once.

3. William

William New Member

No, I simple doused my forum a default forum style with css. I spent the better part of the night before making alterations to the homepage. It has been a while since I visited my site's sitebuilder and I was surprised at so many new modules. I activated and installed quite a few of them.

I used to run multiple themes, but I am hesitant to do so anymore. I'm tired of separate updates from official vb updates. If I can run a modified default style it is all the better and less work for me.

Enjoy,
    William

TopSilver likes this.
  4. TopSilver

Your style actually looks really good. Probably the best style out of all of them that you've used yet in my opinion.

5. William

William New Member

Thanks. It is the only style I offer to members. Shame really, having spent hundreds on converting a Vb4 forum. It is just too much work for one Admin that wants to keep creating content and engaging members.

6. TopSilver

Well I have never finished a style of my own. Do you have vBulletin installed on localhost? I think I'm going to post a tutorial on ScriptingForum soon about how to successfully install it without having the CSS broken. There's a trick to it. Thanks to Glenn who showed me how.

7. William

William New Member

No, I don't.

8. TopSilver

You should think about giving it a shot for custom work. You probably don't need to anymore but it comes in handy rather then having to make a test forum. I posted the tutorial last night. Anyways your forum looks great so good job with your custom edits.